Leadership is the ability to get individuals to work together for the common good and the best possible results, while at the same time letting them know they did it themselves.”
Life Lessons to Teach
- Team rules. Even players can come up with some rules.
- Importance of teamwork. We are family.
- Hard work – if it is to be, it is up to me.
- Personal reputation – do what you say. Your word is golden.
- Goal setting – short and long term.
- Positive attitude – Be nice, good things happen.
- No bullying – speak out, stand up.
- Morals – do the right thing.
- Importance of school/education.
- Harmful effects of drug use.
- Healthy lifestyle – eat well/exercise/sleep.
- Good sportsmanship – The Kohala way.
- Good manners – say please and thank you.
- Listen, and learn from others.
- Purpose, drive motivation.